Monday, April 12, 2010

Harry M Vail and Alice May Rollings marriage certificate found.

I spent about 45 minutes at the library during my lunch break and found the marriage certificate of Harry Merle Vail and Alice May Rollings.
Harry and Alice were married for 22 years.  They divorced on September 32, 1946.  I have no idea what happened to bring about a divorce
but according to the court document below she got it all.  He was left with his car and boat.
I assume Alice got full custody of their son Virgil but until I can speak with Uncle Virgil I cannot confirm that.

I was also able to find the possible death of Alice's dad William Rollings in Lincoln county South Dakota on June 2, 1948.  Certificate number 241429.

Most fascinating was found on a Passenger and Immigration List of Boston between 1821 -1850.  Thomas Rollings (Alice's grandpa) arrived in the United States on May 29, 1841 at age 26.  Unfortunately there were no images of the document but I haven't given up looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment